Collaborative Consulting Ltd (FSPR 717714) hold a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ADVICE
Collaborative Consulting Ltd provides advice to our clients with investment and estate planning needs.
Heading Collaborative is Financial Adviser John Milner (FSPR 9761), who provides advice in relation to direct bond/equities, KiwiSaver, managed funds, exchange traded funds.
As an independent financial services business, we provide financial advice about a wide range of providers and products that are only limited to what is held on the FNZ custodial service:
- NZ X / ASX equities
- NZ government and corporate bonds
- NZ and Australian managed funds
- NZ and Australian exchange traded funds
- UK Pension Transfers
- KiwiWrap KiwiSaver scheme
We do not hold any of our clients’ investments in our name. They are held on the client’s behalf by a registered custodian which is regulated by the Financial Markets Authority under the Financial Markets Conduct Act. We use an investment platform for the trading of the client’s investments (FNZ).
FEES AND EXPENSES
There are generally three sets of fees
- Advice fees – payable to Collaborative Consulting. These may be one-off or ongoing. These are described below:
- Custodial & administration fees – an ongoing fee payable to FNZ Custodians for assets held on the custodial platform. It is calculated and deducted monthly from the client’s custodial account.
- Fund and investment fees – the costs of the underlying investments, such as managed funds. They are deducted within the fund.
- Initial/one-off: We charge an initial fee for providing advice, presented in the form of a financial plan. On occasion, we may charge a one-off fee for specific advice. Any initial/one-off fee is payable within 7 days of being issued.
- Collaborative Consulting charge a fee for implementing the investment advice provided to a client. The fee will be calculated as a percentage of the funds being invested. This fee is payable by the client and is deducted from the clients custodial account once funds are received
- Ongoing advice and service: Collaborative Consulting charge a fee based on a percentage of the total investment funds we manage on behalf of the client. On occasion we may agree a fixed dollar fee. The ongoing fee is deducted monthly from the client’s custodial account.
- The initial or one-off fee will be confirmed at the time the client engages Collaborative Consulting’s services. The ongoing and custodial fees will be disclosed when our adviser presents the client’s financial plan.
Commission and brokerage:
- We do not accept any commissions from product providers. On the odd occasion this happens, the full value of the commission received will be rebated to the clients custodial account.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND INCENTIVES
Collaborative Consulting is an independent advisory practice. This means we cannot accept commissions or incentives from product or service providers.
John Milner, the sole director and shareholder of Collaborative Consulting takes a shareholder drawing from the company, which is determined by the profit of the business once expenses are paid.
Collaborative Consulting charges a fee for service to the client. This ensures the same fee is charged, irrespective to which product provider or fund is chosen.
Ethical training is undertaken each year by our advisers.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service, you can make a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 225 665. You can also write to us at: PO Box 106 321, Auckland 1143.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will investigate and consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know that we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you may contact Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman Disputes Resolution Scheme. They provide a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint.
You can contact Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman by either:
Phone: 0800 888 202 or email: email@example.com or by completing their online complaint form found at: https://www.ifso.nz/make-a-complaint. You could also write to them at: PO Box 10-845, Wellington 6143.
Collaborative Consulting and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests.
- Exercise care, diligence and skill in providing you with advice.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services which are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice.
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services which are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice.
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at: https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Collaborative Consulting Ltd (FSPR 717714)
John Milner (FSPR 9761)
Phone: 0800 225 665
Mobile: 021 792 575
Address: 5 Grut Greens, Silverdale 0932, Auckland